Take a trip to Whoville with this Grinch Cocktail! A bright green vodka cocktail with a red strawberry heart pays tribute to the classic character and movie.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
The Grinch Cocktail is a fun and festive drink inspired by the beloved Dr. Seuss character, the Grinch.
This cocktail features a vibrant green color to capture the spirit of the Grinch’s iconic appearance.
The striking green color with a red heart strawberry is a beautiful and delicious combination for a Christmas cocktail.
You can find full quantities, tips, and instructions in the full recipe card below.
- Vodka – you can amp up the drink if you want to use a flavored vodka that compliments, such as apple or orange vodka
- Sour Apple Schnapps
- Blue Curacao – important to get you a great green color!
- Orange Juice
- Citrus Flavored Bitters – I like grapefruit, but any citrus flavor will work great
- Soda Water – this brings just a touch of bubbles and slightly lightens the cocktail
- Fresh Strawberries – to carve hearts!
The bitters added great depth and complexity to the taste of the cocktail. It does not make the cocktail taste bitter itself!
Without the grapefruit bitters, the drink mainly just tastes like a basic, strong tangy fruit flavor (from the orange and apple).
It is highly suggested to use the citrus bitters in this cocktail as it adds a wonderful complexity to the drink’s taste. Without it, the cocktail tastes rather flat.
You can use another clear liquor such as a white rum.
More Christmas Cocktails
- Knife or small heart cookie cutter
- Cutting Board
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- 1 ½ ounces sour apple schnapps
- 4 ounces orange juice (1/2 cup)
- ½ ounce blue curacao
- 3 dashes citrus bitters any citrus flavor will work, I prefer grapefruit
- splash club soda
- ½ strawberry
- Fill your glass with ice.
- In the glass combine all ingredients. Stir to mix.
- Cut the strawberry in half from stem to tip. Carve it into a heart shape with a small knife or use a small heart cookie cutter.
- Float the heart in the drink. Serve.