This Bloody Heart Cocktail is a beautiful red Halloween cocktail recipe. A few simple ingredients for a fruity, citrus, and fresh drink perfect for the holiday party.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
The “Bloody Heart” is a Halloween cocktail known for its spooky and visually striking appearance. It’s often served at Halloween parties and events to add a festive touch to the festivities.
A vodka cocktail is a great option to serve at a Halloween party as it is a neutral liquor that many people like.
Pairing up the vodka with cherry juice, lime, and some fresh mint results in a delicious cocktail that is not too heavy nor too sweet.
Since this Halloween drink does not use anything with bubbles, it makes a great cocktail to make in a large batch in advance for your spooky party gathering.
Ingredients and Overview
You can find full details on ingredients, quantities, and instructions in the full recipe card below.
You need the following ingredients for this red Halloween cocktail:
- Cherry Juice
- Vodka – plain is perfect, or you can use a cherry, lemon, or orange vodka
- Lemon Juice – fresh is best. You could also use lime or orange juice for a slight different taste.
- Fresh Mint
Feel free to get creative with the garnishes and presentation to enhance the eerie vibe of your Halloween gathering.
I love to use Brandied Cherries as the perfect garnish.
Not only do brandied cherries tell you what is in the cocktail, but the cherry shape is similar to a dark heart, perfect for Halloween!
For this cocktail recipe, you can swap out the vodka for a clear rum or tequila.
It is best to use a clear, neutral liquor.
Because this cocktail recipe does not use anything with carbonation, it can be made in advance.
If you want to use something other than cherry juice in this cocktail, you can use anything red such as cranberry juice.
More Halloween Cocktails
Bloody Heart Halloween Cocktail
- Shaker or something to strain liquid
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ½ ounces cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 leaves fresh mint
- brandied cherries for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker or large glass, muddle the mint and lemon juice together.
- Add the cherry juice, vodka, and a scoop of ice. Shake until very cold, approximately 30 seconds.
- Fill your cocktail glass with ice.
- Strain the cherry cocktail over the ice.
- Garnish with brandied cherries. Serve.