Happy Halloween! This Toxic Waste Cocktail is a beautiful bright green vodka drink recipe perfect for a spooky party.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
The Toxic Waste Cocktail is a visually striking and flavorful drink that often involves vibrant colors and intriguing presentations.
This vodka drink is a bright green cocktail, which is perfect for Halloween!
The term “toxic waste” is just for fun and visual effect in the context of the cocktail with its bright green color and theme that aligns to the holiday.
You can find the full recipe quantities and instructions below in the recipe card.
To make this Halloween cocktail, you need:
- Vodka – you can amp up the drink if you want to use a flavored vodka that compliments, such as apple or orange vodka
- Sour Apple Schnapps
- Blue Curacao – important to get you a great green color!
- Orange Juice
- Citrus Flavored Bitters – I like grapefruit, but any citrus flavor will work great
- Soda Water – this brings just a touch of bubbles and slightly lightens the cocktail
The bitters added great depth and complexity to the taste of the cocktail. It does not make the cocktail taste bitter itself!
Without the grapefruit bitters, the drink mainly just tastes like a basic, strong tangy fruit flavor (from the orange and apple).
It is highly suggested to use the citrus bitters as it adds a wonderful complexity to the drink’s taste. Without it, the cocktail tastes rather flat.
Yes! Simply combine everything in the desired quantity in a pitcher, except for the club soda as it will go flat. Let guests pour their drinks and add splashes of club soda as it is being served.
Vodka is perfect for many cocktails because of its neutral flavor. You could use another white liquor such as a rum if desired.
More Halloween Cocktails
Toxic Waste Cocktail
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- 1 ½ ounces sour apple schnapps
- 4 ounces orange juice
- ½ ounce blue curacao
- 3 dashes citrus bitters any citrus flavor, my favorite is grapefruit
- splash club soda
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour everything into the glass and stir to combine. Serve.