The Bunny Tonic Cocktail is a great Easter drink to enjoy on a nice spring day. The sweetness of the carrot and orange cut perfectly by a little spice of ginger and the texture carries just a little weight like a light cream.
What is a Bunny Tonic Cocktail?
The Bunny Tonic is vodka based cocktail with ginger beer, carrot juice and orange juice. The carrot and orange flavors really meld well with a nice ginger finish that helps cut with the heavier weight and sweetness of the drink.
I wanted to make a drink that embodied Easter and spring flavors. Started with the idea of a screwdriver and added carrot juice which you don’t see often in cocktails. It was missing something though. I always enjoy a little spice finish and the ginger beer brings it.
- Ginger Beer
- Carrot Juice
- Orange Juice
- Mixing Glass
- Cocktail Glass
- Grab mixing glass and add juices and beer.
- Put ice in cocktail glass and pour vodka over.
- Pour juices in cocktail glass.
Can I substitute Tequila?
Either of these are options but they will alter the flavor. Vodka is mainly flavorless which lets the juices and ginger shine.
This is a great way to lighten it up. I would put an extra ounce of each the juices and vodka to level it out without the beer.
You can use your lower shelf vodka for this one since the flavors of the other ingredients are strong enough.
The Olive Twist
The juices really come through in this drink. The Carrot really shines the most with a ginger after tastes that cuts the heaviness. You could swap in a tequila or gin here but that really changes the profile. Overall if you want lighten it up a little more you can cut it with a little tonic/club soda.
Bunny Tonic Cocktail
- Jigger or measuring spoons
- Mixing Glass
- Serving Glass
- 2 ounces carrot juice (1/4 cup, 4 Tablespoons)
- 1 ounce orange juice (2 Tablespoons)
- 2 ounces vodka (1/4 cup, 4 Tablespoons)
- 3 ounces ginger beer more or less as desired
- Add both the carrot and orange juices in a mixing glass.
- Fill your drinking glass with the ice.
- Add the vodka over the ice.
- Pour the juice mixture in about half way to 2/3 up.
- Top off with ginger beer.
- Garnish with carrots and/or orange pieces if desired.