The Chili Pepper Mango Margarita bring a great combo of sweet and spicy. The mango adds a smooth and creamy texture along with it a sweet flavor. The chili pepper then brings it a subtle heat to cut it.
What is a Frozen Margarita?
A frozen margarita is a cocktail made with fresh lime juice, tequila, and triple sec that is then blended into a smoothie. Traditionally served with a Salt rim.
The margarita has many claimed stories of it’s creation with a date anywhere between 1937-1953. It was first published in 1953 in esquire. The Chili Pepper Mango Margarita varation I came up with after deciding a regular Frozen Mango Margarita was lacking something. I added a little spice to mix and spicier rim and it came out flawlessly.
- Triple Sec
- Lime Juice
- Mango Slices
- Chili Pepper
- Margarita Glass
- Grab margarita glass and salt rim with Chili Salt
- Grab your blinder put frozen mango in it.
- Put liquors and lime juice in and blend.
- Pour into glass.
You can but you’ll need mango juice instead. I prefer the frozen version. If you’re looking for on the rocks checkout the Classic Margarita .
Mezcal is a great substitute liquor. It has a bit more flavor and will come through stronger then tequila.
You can, its bring even more of that orange flavor compared to the triple sec.
The Olive Twist
The mango and chili pepper are what really shine in this cocktail. You can swap out sugar for the salt on the rim and really lean in to the sweet factor. Mezcal is a great substitute for the tequila bringing a more intense flavor. Using gold instead of silver tequila can bring a smokier sweet flavor as well.
Chili Pepper Mango Margarita
- 1 Margarita Glass
- 1 Blender
- 1 Plate
- 3 Cups Mango (Frozen or Fresh)
- 4 ounces Tequila
- 2 ounces 2 Triple Sec
- 1.5 ounces Lime Juice
- .5 teaspoon Chili Pepper (For inside the Margarita)
- .25 Cup Salt
- .5 Tablespoon Chili pepper (For Salt Rim)
- Add Salt and Chili pepper to a plate and mix.
- Grab Margarita Glass
- Wet rim with water and roll rim in the salt.
- Grab blender (Add some ice if Mango is not frozen).
- Add Mango, Tequila, Triple Sec, Lime Juice, Chili Pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass.